[Talk-ca] [OSM-talk] Addr:streetnumber:first;last:left;right

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 19:30:07 BST 2009

2009/4/7 Florian Lohoff <flo at rfc822.org>:
> On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 08:44:37PM +0200, andrzej zaborowski wrote:
>> We add a addr:interpolation on each side of the way with an arbitrary
>> offset and with some simple heuristics to make it look correct
>> (although obviously it needs a manual check like all imported data -
>> to see that it corresponds with reality).  I didn't add any address
>> relations but addr:street value can be used to add relations
>> automatically if needed.  Here's a sample:
>
> My guess is that addr:interpolation ways are overkill. As the OSR Project
> shows people tend to interpolate regardless of the additional tags
> telling them to do so. When you have 3-7 fixed housenumbers on the road
> just interpolate.

The addr:interpolation ways are what Marcus said they are - a kind of
useful, temporary solution.
I think you should treat them as a half complete piece of information
to be replaced when more complete information becomes available to
give positions of individual houses (from surveying or WMS for
example)

Cheers