[Talk-ca] Tentatively Accepted: State of the Map - Canada @ Thu Sep 24 – Sun Sep 27, 2009 (Across Canada Trails)

Teresa Baldwin tnbaldwin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 18:16:26 BST 2009

William (and others),

What I was thinking for the event was pretty much exactly like the BarCamp.
Reserve the bottom floor of the Clocktower for most of the evening, have a
few speakers in. I have talked to others in the OSGeo Ottawa chapter and
they seem interested to attend. The suggestion was to have it as a part of
the monthly OSGeo meetings (which are often held in a pub). This way, more
OSM members and OSGeo members would be able to meet.  There are other places
as well that would work.

My main question is: how long and when? I estimate that approximately 30
people will show up for this (at least), but what are we looking at? Are we
looking at an evening? Are we looking at a half day and an evening? Are we
looking at a weekend? I think most people would be interested primarily in
an evening session, perhaps two evenings.

Sponsors? I might be able to work on that as well.

Teresa