[Talk-ca] Fwd: [OSM-talk] Local Chapters Working Group Update

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 17:37:17 BST 2009

Hi talk-ca list,
I'm planning on making my schedule work to try to phone in, and make my self
more involved.
I'm watching what Australia is doing, as they want to be a Chapter (im
pretty sure of that).

As you know, it's in the planning stages for Sept 26th 27th to have a OSGeo
Conference With the theme of OpenStreetMap, where it will be part technical
and part Mapping Party and part Canada Import discussion.  Anyway, i started
a comment on the talk page of the local chapters page.  If anyone has
reasons why or why not they think Canada needs to have one, your ideas are
welcome. Perhaps we can start a discussion on a branch of the Canada page?

 For now, i don't think it's necessary, but once all the GeoBaseNRN and NHN
and canvec data is imported, Canada will become more detailed mapped than
what is provided by TeleAtlas :-) ...so thats a big deal.   Since i'm
noticing a direct relationship for number of users for when more data is
there.  (as new users dont know the history, they just jump in and start
working (regardless of the state of the import). ... which isn't a bad thing
:) 'cause i (we will) work around everyone :)

Twitter: @Acrosscanada