[Talk-ca] CanVec import chat @Sherbrook

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 06:07:36 GMT 2009

Hi Frank,
 I get the feeling that the group doesnt want me to be working with
the import process anymore (since i wasnt invited to the chat after
Emelie was done speaking)
is that a fair assumption?

Anyway, thats (seriously) fine for me, as its a BIG wait off my shoulders.

So anyway, im very happy that your doing a great job with the CanVec
data import.

Its a long process, and i do recognize that my approach is different that yours.

I'll forward questions people have to the talk-ca list & you directly.

Overall, i think that since your directly in contact with Daniel & the
others, i would (probably) just get in the way. :-)

So anyway, i'll continue to be the one who is 'keeping a national eye'
on the progress, but as far as the technical details, its yourself
thats in charge of that, method etc.

Since i am working as a local area mapper for more parts of the
country than most, i'll be aware of the progress, and so, i can be a
point of contact for newbies and direct them to the talk-ca list. (and
use whatever process that will be decided)

I'll continue to be working on my next projects 'Across Canada Trails'
and 'WikiMAP Books Publishing'.

Thanks for doing an AWESOME job so far,

Cheers,
Sam Vekemans