[Talk-ca] FW: Canvec import in Montréal with ? names

Frank Steggink steggink at steggink.org
Fri Dec 11 23:23:44 GMT 2009

On second thought: obviously a lot of work has gone in it, and many tags
are already set. I haven't looked at it, but probably the roads are also
being linked up with the existing grid. There might be some
inconsistencies with Geobase, but I don't think that will really be a
problem. Actually, Daniel is our in-house expert on this matter, so he
should be able to tell :)

JOSM has some good tools to select features, and edit their tags. With
this it shouldn't be too hard to unset all tags with question marks.
There is also a number of duplicate roads, which can be located with the
Validator tool, as well as some roads of which the classification needs
to change. On Hwy 13 some green (trunk) sections stand out. Bridges?
I'll have a look at this.

Along many motorways there are unclassified roads. Normally I would
change them to motorway_link, but in Montreal most of them are secondary
or tertiary. I think this depends on whether there are buildings along
it, correct? Perhaps this is best to be fixed by someone familiar with
this area. I could also change it, and someone else can update my
corrections.

Frank