[Talk-ca] GeoBase Tile 084 area complete :)

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Feb 7 11:03:21 GMT 2009

Hi,

Sam Vekemans wrote:
> Frederik: Who is the best person to ask about this? .. What would be the
> recommended fastest pace without overloading the already overloaded
> servers?

Tom Hughes is the authority on anything concerning the main servers. Ask
him a meaningful question and you will get a helpful answer. Ask him a
stupid question and he will make fun of you. The difficult bit sometimes
is knowing whether your question was stupid or not ;-)

You might also want to consult Dave Hansen who masterminded the TIGER
import which ran more or less continuously for six months without
hurting the database too much.

I believe that for the TIGER import, Tom had set aside one or two API
processes exclusively so that this worked somewhat independently of the
rest, but the feasiblity of this also depends on what software you
intend to use for the upload.

Bye
Frederik