[Talk-ca] GeoBase2osm & canvec2osm script making

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 21:06:50 GMT 2009

Hi, if you can post your custom script to the SVN, and add a
README.txt and state your copyright of cc-sa, it would alow me and
others to 'pick and choose' and help make the script more user
friendly :-)
you can also post your file on that file sharing site (that u posted
your osm files on)
-it would be appreciated :-)

also, if you can edit the wiki pages that your planning on working on,
it would really help.

As for CanVec the concensus is to choose the data in GeoBase over
Canvec.  Also if you see any listings on the Canvec feature charts,
that should be removed, or noted of duplicate geobase data -please let
me know, :)

also (everyone) i want to copy the geobase2osm script and take the
lines that i can use, then add it to the shp2osm script for
canvec2osm.bat program im making.

Re:canvec ontario road names - i'll check (the link to canvec is on the wiki)

Hopefully thats helpful, Sam