[Talk-ca] Maritme borders in Canada

Michel Gilbert michcasa at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 05:02:27 GMT 2009

2009/1/1 Sam Vekemans <acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com>

> Hi there,Reading the discussion about boarders reminds be of the
> interesting situation off the coast of Nova Scotia to Newfoundland, where
> there is an island which is Actually part of France.
> ... there is also an extra part of Quebec, north of Prince Edward Island
> (Magdelene islands).
> So tagging gets interesting.
>

> Anyway, Im not sure if Michel was able to remove the 1st round of GeoBase
> import, the GeoPolitical Boarders, so to set it right.  The problem was
> about the number of nodes in a way, and a solution was given (but it's WAY
> beyond my ability to understand :) ... i thought that you might be able to
> be of some help here.
> http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-ca/2008-December/000483.html
>
> Thanks,
> Sam Vekemans
> Across Canada Trails

I am done yet with the deletions. I encountered problems with JOSM. The ways
were deleted but not the nodes partially. Therefore, there are thousand and
thousand orphans nodes that have to be deleted by hand.

> P.S. on another note,
>
> It looks like user pythagore had already did some importing of GeoBase
> roads  (that was back in October). ... was that the sample area? .. probably
> was :)
>

> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=47.2218&lon=-61.9588&zoom=13&layers=0B00FTTTT
>
> created_by = JOSMnat_ref = cf448c8d7b7c45acb4f82cbfb015ac72highway =
> residentiallanes = 2source = geobase
>
> Richard Weait's option was
> geobase:nat_ref = "nat_ref#"
>
> Or perhaps there's a better option?

Of course, it was a proof of concept ;-). I have done : Rimouski, Gaspesia,
Kamploops and Magdelene Islands. For my next boundaries upload, I plan using
the uuid tag to keep the Geobase ID as first proposed by Richard. I think I
prefer geobase:nat_ref. We need to fix this before the next upload.

Michel