[Talk-ca] More roadmatcher results

James Ewen ve6srv at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 04:59:06 GMT 2009

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 8:12 PM, Steve Singer <ssinger_pg at sympatico.ca> wrote:

> We could:
>
> -Generate the Geobase roads that are standalone compared with the existing
> OSM data.
> -Import these roads into OSM.  We would then have a mostly complete road
> network with very few duplicates without having to delete any OSM data.

Sounds good, even better than working on a "tile by tile" basis, as it
can slip into every void that OSM data misses.

> -We could then manually look for 'missed' roads in JOSM by overlying the
> complete Geobase roadnetwork and manually add these in.

Is that a capability that we have currently? If so, I might have to
try and figure out how to make that pain in the butt program work.

> This approach would also create two classes of OSM streets, those with
> geobase nids and those without, but we might end up in that situation
> anyway.

Any new roads that aren't in the GeoBase data are going to end up in
that class anyway.

James
VE6SRV