[Talk-ca] More roadmatcher results

Steve Singer ssinger_pg at sympatico.ca
Tue Jan 6 12:57:22 GMT 2009

On Mon, 5 Jan 2009, Jason Reid wrote:

> James Ewen wrote:
>>
> Theres a couple ways we can do this, one option is to setup a WMS server
> with the data, or using the slippymap plugin and point it to tile server
> with only the geobase data loaded. Trick on either is getting all the
> information for those ways, though I guess if we at least sketch them in
> then we can use the software to try to match them to the actual data in
> geobase.

Another way is to generate .osm files with all the geobase roads, and put
them on a webserver (somewhere).  You can open the .osm file in JOSM as one
layer and the data from the openstreetmap server as a second layer.   Doing
it this way you could probably even copy the way from one layer to the next
without having manually re-enter the attribute tags.

> -Jason Reid

Steve