[Talk-ca] CanVec feature catalogue

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 07:56:20 GMT 2009

Hi,
im looking to get the exact number of map features available. (So i
can cross-reference the list)

I have created a Google Docs spreadsheet, which organizes all the Map
features into a simple chart, where we can simply add a 'osm tags'
column, along with a user notes column.
(i'll pass on the link once its done)

I am wondering just how many GeoBase map features are not included in
the CanVec Feature Catalogue? ... as i'd like to make a complete
chart, so for now, im just skipping those map features.

So far, i have 179 features from the 91 types.  I am defining a map
feature by the "attributes combination" point, line area #, making 1
feature definition for each.

Hopefully thats possible to find out.

Thanks,
Sam Vekemans