[Talk-ca] Geobase Canadian Geopolitical Boundaries - take 2

Steve Singer ssinger_pg at sympatico.ca
Sat Jan 10 20:14:13 GMT 2009

On Fri, 9 Jan 2009, Michel Gilbert wrote:

> Hi all,
>>
>   - <way id="xxxxxxxx" action="modify" visible="true"
>   user="pythagore-Geobase">
>   - <tag k="created_by" v="FME-GeobaseBoundaries"/> (my FME script is not
>   published. I consider to publish it when documented)
>   - <tag k="boundary" v="administrative"/>
>   - <tag k="admin_level" v="4"/>

Is the intention to use admin_level 4 for the provinces/terertories and
level 2 for the national boundary? (That's what the admin_level page the
import wiki links to says, but I'm just confirming)

>   - <tag k="geobase:uuid" v="281"/>
>   - <tag k="source" v="geobase"/>
>   - <tag k="name" v="NUNAVUT"/>
>

> Let me know if you have other suggestions. I'll start the upload tomorrow
> night.

Looks fine to me.  You might want to upload 1 province and wait till it gets
rendered by the renders before doing the rest.

> Cheers,
>
> Michel

Steve