[Talk-ca] Geobase Canadian Geopolitical Boundaries - take 2

James Ewen ve6srv at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 21:53:14 GMT 2009

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 2:33 PM, Michel Gilbert <michcasa at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Looks fine to me.  You might want to upload 1 province and wait till it
>> gets rendered by the renders before doing the rest.
>
> Good idea. I try with Newfoundland first.

That one's too easy... if your toes get wet and salty, you're at the
end of the province!

It should be interesting though, since the provincial outline should
match up with the outline of the island as well. Which one has better
resolution? Also, would it be better to have the coastline and
provincial boundary share nodes to conserve space in the database? Is
that possible? I'm still not clear on how that all works.

We have the longest coastline in the world, and quite a bit of that
will be part of the provincial and national border. When we are
talking about tens of thousands of nodes, it will add up. Efficient
usage of resources is always good.

James
VE6SRV