[Talk-ca] Map Feature: Satellite tracking station

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 09:16:21 GMT 2009

Hi, I have tonnes more map features im going through from the CanVec feature
set.
Right now im working on the Buildings and structures set.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/CanVec:_Buildings_and_structures

FYI: This stuff is not part of the GeoBase import, it will be dealt with
(physically imported) after we import all National Road Network (NRN) and
National Hydro Network (NHN).  ... The geopolitical boundries set is
currently being imported :)
So for now, im working on the chart, figuring out 1 map feature at a time.

Satellite tracking station:
A building containing receiving devices to record information from
satellites.

According to wikipedia; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_station
It could be called a "Ground Station"
But I do think that "satellite tracking station" makes sense and is
'universally understood' ... rather "earth understood" :) ... (we haven't
heard back YET from the other planets) :-)

Is it best that I just create wiki pages, or post on talk pages? or post to
this talk list for each of them to encourage discussion. ... for each of
these map features that I think need tag updating.

Thanks,
Sam Vekemans
Across Canada Trails