[Talk-ca] Mapping parks

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 22:01:15 GMT 2009

Hi,
yes, parks ARE (most likely) part of the CanVec  (geogratis, NRCan)
data set -and YES it can be loaded.
It is part of the 300 map features that i am going through (91 types -
in 11 groups)
last night i finished making the 11 charts so we can debate on how to
tag each feature.
I'm about half way through the 1st type (buildings & structures)
-i matched osm tags with things like (fire stations, parliment
buildings, sports arenas, fences, community centers, hospitals, etc.)

anyway, on tuesday 6pm PST, im going to try again for a video
conference; depending on who shows up, i'll be able to get people upto
speed and (hopefully) get a todo list going. -i'll pass the link on
another message.

And yes, because CanVec is no where near being as accurate as the
source, my bets is that the Yukon Parks has'nt sent the latest to
Geogratis for it to update the canvec set.
Since you mentioned it, i'll dig through the data, and match it with
the right OSM tag.

cheers,
Sam Vekemans
Across Canada Trails