[Talk-ca] Newbie question

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 19:23:14 GMT 2009

Hi Nicholas
Not yet, for now it's just Steve & Michel who are importing the data
starting with Alberta. Using RoadMatcher to ony upload roads that are not
currently in the OSM database.

(I sent a message to the list earlier) and noted that we shouldn't be
uploading data too fast, as we dont want to overload the OSM servers with
all the extra data.

By going slowly, we can catch errors and make sure the import goes smoothly.
 This kind of think is difficult to undo if mistakes are made by going
quickly.

Hope that helps,
Sam

Hi all,

Is there a tutorial on how to upload data?  I'm a software developper
and I'm looking forward on developping a converter from Geobase shp to
whatever format OSM accept.

Thanks
--

Nicolas Bourr?