[Talk-ca] GeoBase import

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 20:29:14 GMT 2009

Thanks,
So that does pose an interesting question.

We have the 'unknown' which is the 'when' the names will be available.

So, for importing small towns (with no or very very little) OSM data.
and the local mapper is willing to hand place in the 'name' field.
-from physically seeing the road signs.

Then I (imo) see no reason why the script cant be simplified to handle
it. Does anyone else?
-i dont know yet HOW to change the SHP to a basic OSM. -but working on it.

Someone else has done shp2osm.py script -perhaps it can be modified?

Cheers,
Sam