[Talk-ca] Question about NIDs

michcasa at gmail.com michcasa at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 01:01:28 GMT 2009

On Jan 20, 2009 12:48am, James Ewen <ve6srv at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 6:53 PM, Richard Degelder rtdegelder at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > Is there a process to include the NID, in an
>
> > appropriate manner, with the import data that was derived from GeoBase?
>

> In Steve's upload, we have a UUID with each element. I believe that is
the NID.

> geobase:uuid f722391f5b5d4eb1877a24fd69365ff8
>

> > And has there been any considerations as to how to add the NID
>
> > attributes to those ways already within OSM?
>

> That, I'm not sure how to handle, especially when the OSM nodes and
>
> ways won't match up with the GeoBase nodes and ways. How would you
>
> match them when there may be 3 OSM nodes and only 2 GeoBase nodes, or
>
> more likely 6 GeoBase ways making up a roadway that is defined by only
>
> one OSM way.

It is not a simple issue. I see 2 options: the first one is to align the
osm geometry with the nrn-geobase geometry (or the opposite), then add the
NIDs. At this stage, I wonder if we should take Geobase geometry and join
the osm attributes. The second option is to use NIDs only for the
nrn-geobase imported in osm.

Michel