[Talk-ca] Question about NIDs

James Ewen jewen at shaw.ca
Wed Jan 21 21:39:57 GMT 2009

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 1:26 PM, Sam Vekemans
<acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,

>   We can load the GeobaseOrigional file, and compare it with existing data.
> ... just by having (in JOSM) both layers on, (with GeoBase as the shadded
> one) you can pan around the area your working on and right away see what
> needs to be added.   You then just select those items, then copy. .. then
> hide that layer, then paste on the osm layer. then upload changes.

Sam, can you describe to me the steps taken to be able to copy a
node/way from one layer to another in JOSM? I've asked a couple times,
and no one has been able to tell me how to accomplish this task. The
closest answer so far has been to merge both layers.

BTW, how come sometimes the OSM download gets pulled in as a new
layer, and sometimes it ends up merged into the existing layer?

James
VE6SRV