[Talk-ca] GeoBase import woes...

James Ewen jewen at shaw.ca
Thu Jan 22 03:21:51 GMT 2009

Hey, the rendering engine has processed the GeoBase import in the Fort
McMurray area, and the slippy tiles are populated!

Now I'm upset... I was pretty pleased with myself before this update,
I had traced out roads with my GPS, and uploaded information, creating
the start of a map. Some roads that I knew got tagged with names,
others would have to wait for a return visit when I had time to stop
and mark down the names on the street signs.

But now that the GeoBase upload has occurred, my data is now the ugly
duckling... partially mapped roads, unnamed streets, it's just a
mess... I'm so ashamed!

James
VE6SRV