[Talk-ca] GeoBase import woes...

Dan Putler dan.putler at sauder.ubc.ca
Thu Jan 22 03:58:15 GMT 2009

You shouldn't be ashamed. The guys who do this for a living do know
something (and have really nice Trimble differential gps units).
Besides, you are in Alberta, and the Alberta government (and the
municipal governments in Alberta) has/have been one of the most
cooperative with the Geobase effort up to this point. Locally, you want
to be on the lookout for new roads that go in, which the governmental
bodies may not get to immediately, and then there is organizing everyone
you know to go on a mapping party in Quebec (if the locals question you,
just argue you can't get enough poutine and Molson Export in Alberta to
your liking, and you carry the gps unit around because you have this
real need to know exactly where you are at any given moment ;-)).