[Talk-ca] [OSM-talk] uStream .tv broadcast 2pm PST 5pm EST - geobase import

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 21:58:05 GMT 2009

Correction:
for step 8, the correct word is MERGE (not purge).
Meaning where we can merge our address book with  hotmail when we
import a new csv file, the system checks for similar values; like
names; like address; like phone number.
So in this case; its the long/lat coordinates that it would check for.
In the case where the OSM (or import) is WAY OFF, then it would check
for the same 'name or other OSM tag' to decide if its a match. -but
coodinates get checked 1st.
-unfortunatly, the only program that can do this is ArchGIS (i think)
-is there any opensource equivelant that can do this?

Thanks,
Sam
ps on reply, no need to cc talk list, as this is getting off topic