[Talk-ca] [OSM-talk] uStream .tv broadcast 2pm PST 5pm EST - geobase import

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 22:14:53 GMT 2009

re:

> for step 8, the correct word is MERGE (not purge).

Meaning where we can merge our address book with  hotmail when we

import a new csv file, the system checks for similar values; like

names; like address; like phone number.

So in this case; its the long/lat coordinates that it would check for.

The result is a set of friends names and addresses where for each friend,
all their addresses; phone numbers would be available on the same entry.

So in OSM terms, all the OSM user created data & references, would be shown
on the same Node/way with the imported tags. So NO user data would actually
be removed.

Does this make sense?

Sam