[Talk-ca] Lorette, MB

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 01:23:33 GMT 2009

Hi,
i just wanted to say a big THANK YOU for taking part with this project.

It's wonderful to have people from NRCan directly involved in
importing the data (that you work with on a daily basis anyway).

And THANK YOU to everyone else who is starting to import data (your
way ahead of me :-)

anyway, thanks Samual for pointing it out!
It would be great if all those who are physically importing this data,
to add your listing to the chart on the NRN wiki, This way, everyone
will know what is being worked on.

Next saturday, (feb 7th noon PST) i'll be going over James question
about how to copy data from the geobase.osm file to data.osm using
josm. As well as further explain how to deal with updates; sharing in
picture view, what the options are, and the +'s and -'s of each.

Again, thanks for everything being done ... Slowely but surely we'll
conquer this dragon! :-) (just might take more  than a few knights.

PS. Fyi, im slowely going through the available CanVec map features,
im almost through 'buildings and structures', and started on 'places
of interest'. If anyone wants to help me match up the features with
OSM tags, help would be appreciated :)

Cheers,
Sam Vekemans
Across Canada Trails