[Talk-ca] Large amount of nodes displaced across Montreal region

Nicolas Marchildon nicolas at marchildon.net
Wed Jul 8 05:11:46 BST 2009

George B. a écrit :
> This afternoon, I took a look at the Mapnik render of the Montreal
> region map only to notice that tiles were being rendered with many of
> the ways erroneously leading from the island towards the South Shore.
> ( http://osm.org/go/cIrPUhi ) After double-checking with the
> Osmarender version and the actual data, this isn't a rendering error
> but actually, it seems that someone has moved a very large amount of
> nodes, which resulted in the ways (streets, Metro lines, etc..) being
> transposed.
>
> It seems that the changeset # 1765828 (
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/1765828 ) is responsible
> for this.  This happens to be the user's (sjacques) very first edit so
> it may be just him/her testing the functionality of OSM, a bug with
> their editor or a case of vandalism.  Either way, I have contacted the
> user and am waiting for a response.  In the meantime, I was wondering
> if anyone knows if it is possible to revert this entire changeset.  If
> so, who can do this and how is it done?

I also saw this after I uploaded a GPS trace. Out of curiosity, how did
you come to the conclusion that is is this changeset? I'm seeing I'm the
last editor of many ways that were messed up. For example:
http://is.gd/1qGb4

As for reverting, I googled a bit and didn't find lots of encouraging
results. However, there's this Revert.pm Perl script that might be a
good starting point:

http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/utils/revert/

Nicolas