[Talk-ca] OS Geo Meeting

Kyle, Martin MartinKyle at SierraSystems.com
Thu Jul 30 02:47:09 BST 2009

Hi Sam:

I am sorry that we were not able to get the Telecom working for you
during our OSGeo BC meeting. We also had some projector problems that
day and so we had a low tech meeting.

Fortunately, Peter Batty was in town and he had been to the recent
OpenStreetMap event. He gave the group an overview of the program and we
look forward to your updates, along with those below, in the future.

We had good presentations from both Tyler Mitchell, on OSGeo in general
and a good presentation by Mehdi Bokhari on the work of PromoteGIS.

In all, I believe we had 26 people attend and some rousing
discussions...good pizza and Andreas Matheus, of Secure Dimensions in
Munich, supported the group with the Octoberfest Beer.

I will update the wiki in the days to come and we can start planning
ideas for a December meeting.

Martin