[Talk-ca] Ontario 040P

Adam Glauser adamglauser at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 18:10:09 BST 2009

I've found (and since corrected) a couple more false-positive matches.

Ways 35518380 was name="Old Oak Place", statscan:rbuid=3357619.  These
tags should actually have been applied to way 35521248.  The correct
tags for the first way are name="Aspenwood Place", statscan:rbuid=3357613.

Way 35502496 was name="Willow Wood Drive",statscan:rbuid=3357623.
Should be name="Woodrow Place",statscan:rbuid=3357623.  This is tricky
in part due to one Statscan feature corresponding to two different
Geobase features (the entrance to the cul-de-sac and the
circle-with-middle-barrier part).

I'll continue to report these unless I hear otherwise - I'm still new
here, if this is just noise please let me know.

Also, thanks to Steve's pointers about OpenJUMP and the StatsCan road
name data, I've given names to a bunch of ways that Roadmatcher couldn't
resolve, along with their StatsCan RB_UIDs, using a combination of the
.shp file from the StatsCan website and local knowledge of the layout of
the roads.