[Talk-ca] Cleaning up after the GeoBase import

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 22:59:20 BST 2009

Good point.
Each road SHOULD be a relation which is made up of street (address
block numbered sections).
Geobase already does this 1st part well.
What if we start doing this:?

Create a relation route, called 'theNameOfTheRoad' and have it
attributed to each segment. And step 2 would be to remove just the
'name=*' tag.
The surface type and class designation would remain with each way segment.

So... Why not train the renders to ... Automagically check for a relation?

Or maybe just render intersecting roads with the same name, to behave
like a solid road?

This would make house numbering and using the roads easier.

Twitter: @Acrosscanada