[Talk-ca] NRN - PEI

Steve Singer ssinger_pg at sympatico.ca
Thu Jun 25 01:02:46 BST 2009

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009, Robert Shand wrote:

> HI Everyone,
>
> I've been looking at the NRN import for PEI.  I've hit a bit of a
> stumbling block.  I've imported Canada.osm into PostGIS database all
> good.
>

> Can I export the data from the Canada.osm that I have loaded?  Anyone
> have any details on how to do this?

See
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Geobase_NRN_-_OSM_Map_Feature#Creating_OSM_and_NRN_Shapefiles_with_PostGIS

After you've imported canada.osm into postgis (with osm2pgsql not Osmosis)
you can generate a shapefile that contains just on the OSM data for your
area with pgsql2shp using the select_osm_roadtile function that is defined
higher up on that wiki page.

Steve