[Talk-ca] canvec2osm v0.06 now available

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 10:02:16 GMT 2009

Hi all,
the canvec2osm v0.06 is now available!

I fixed up all the hydrography tags, which points out a question. Its
been suggested that we use this canvec data rather than the geobase
NHN.
But 1st i need to know just what exactly & how many features, are
available in NHN & not listed in canvec?
Then, as far as accuracy & quality,  which is better??
Eithor way, i can still import it :-)

Also, i fixed up all the source tags, so it shows the pdf source.

And so, the way to identify which features need to be cross-checked &
edited is do to the lack of ".pdf" on the source line.

You'll see that its now looking like a real map :-) so that means that
this will be a BIG FISH in the OSM sea :-)
What i want to do is put it to a vote, and have (my guess) 20 users
indicate that they approve of the OSM tags in the chart.

I figure that to make this import the 'smoothest ' as possible :-)
I think it's best that these charts get updated and the rules.txt file
gets shown so it deals with all the shape files 100%

Oh ya, i just uploaded the rules.txt file to Google Doc's so if anyone
wants access to  the file to help out, let me know :)

Cheers,
Sam Vekemans
Across Canada Trails