[Talk-ca] Nanaimo area

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 14:38:25 GMT 2009

Hi, its now online
http://sites.google.com/a/acrosscanadatrails.com/www/Home/osmsamplearea092f08parksvilleBC.zip

http://sites.google.com/a/acrosscanadatrails.com/www/Home/not4osmsamplearea092f08parksvilleBC.zip

http://sites.google.com/a/acrosscanadatrails.com/www/Home/geobasesamplearea092f08parksvilleBC.zip

Its a sample, so the tags might need to be changed.  The stuff in the
geobase folder will show up in the geobaseNHN2osm dataset.
Im going through that stuff now.

Hopefully you'll find some tags that are mis-tagged, so it can be fixed.
 The tags for the geobase stuff should also be accurate as they are directly
compared with the CanVec data (osm folder)

P.S. It looks like Steve has imported the crowsnest pass area has been
complete for the geobaseNRN roads.  I look forward to hearing comments about
it. I havent checked it.  As im going to compare it with the CanVec plain
highway=road dataset and see if it will be useful for the on-the-ground
mappers.