[Talk-ca] Merging OSM + Geobase

William Lachance wrlach at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 14:00:57 GMT 2009

On Thu, 2009-03-26 at 19:15 -0700, Sam Vekemans wrote:

> Yup, everyone handled that question so i dont need too. .. However, i
> would recommend posting a summery onto the wiki as a FAQ... as this
> question comes up alot.  And we do have a definitive answer.

I'm not so sure that we do. :) I did try to read the archives before
posting here, and couldn't find any approach which really corresponded
with my own. I could be missing something important, but I also don't
really see the harm in giving the idea a try. It's basically just a few
evenings of python scripting for me, with the potential payoff of more
accurate and complete OSM data for at least the Halifax Regional
Municipality (and possibly other areas as well) than what you'd get with
alternative methods.

Obviously this approach could be combined with others that have already
been tried-- I'm definitely not telling people to stop whatever they're
doing to wait for me. ;)
--
William Lachance <wrlach at gmail.com>