[Talk-ca] Province / State borders

James Ewen ve6srv at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 13:56:53 BST 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 4:59 AM, Richard Weait <richard at weait.com> wrote:

> I've adjusted the boundary=admin rendering on my tile server to make
> more sense for North America.  Rendering the state / provincial borders
> at zoom 1 & 2 might be overdoing it, but at zoom 3 looks reasonable.  It
> does point out a potential shortcoming in the boundary data though.
> Borders for Vermont and New York appear "bolder" than for Minnesota and
> Illinois.  Have they been tagged differently, or duplicated?  Anyone
> have a border-checker script?

Have a look at the Alberta/Montana border. There are as many as 5
different borders marked at some places, and none of them sharing the
same nodes or latitudes. There are up to 3 different international
borders in some places, and then you can add in the Tiger imported
County borders as well.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=49&lon=-114.0652&zoom=14&layers=B000FTF

James
VE6SRV