[Talk-ca] statsCAN roadNAME + geobase2osm

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 16:16:56 BST 2009

Hi Steve,
Great work!
awesome!
Superfantastic!

Anyway, i recomend a test area for; sask:MB:QC:NB:NF and all provinces
to ensure that it all is good before progressing :-)

and thanks Richard for dealing with the prov/state boarders :)

i like how StatsCAN will get its source tag, i would recommend an
attribution tag "Statistics Canada", as im using "Natural Resources
Canada" and your source as "geobase2osm"
it's great that your hitting 2 birds with 1 stone :)

and ya, the wiki needs to be updated to reflect this added statsCAN
road name tag, and a copy of the email saying its OK to use.

I'm almost done the rules.txt for the CanVec Roads as this will serve
as a 'helper' to fill-in-the-blanks, so the geobase2osm extra source
file wont need to be used (except to get the roadnames)

anyway, i'll be doing a couple of talks on uStream.tv a few times this
week while in tofino. Re: canada import
If anyone has a time preference (tonight to thursday) let me know :-)

cheers,