[Talk-ca] geobase NID and canvec ID and SOURCEID

James A. Treacy treacy at debian.org
Thu Nov 5 16:31:38 GMT 2009

Hello,
In comparing geobase NHN vs canvec data I noticed that canvec has both
ID and SOURCEID. SOURCEID is the same as the NID from geobase. No idea
where the canvec ID comes from. The only unique piece of information
(at least for NHN data) that follows the data in both geobase and
canvec is the geobase NID.

geobase NHN data does not have the CODE tag.

My question is, shouldn't we use the geobase NID (canvec SOURCEID)
as the main identifier for data? If not, why?

This does not preclude also including CODE when it exists.

--
James Treacy
treacy at debian.org