[Talk-ca] [Imports] canvec-to-osm 0.9.6 now available

Frank Steggink steggink at steggink.org
Sat Nov 7 17:25:12 GMT 2009

Ian Dees wrote:

>     I normally upload my NHD changesets with 40k-50k changes in each
>     upload without problem. It takes an hour or so to apply (depending
>     on server load), but it works without error.
>
>     What program are you using for the upload? Is it bulk-upload,
>     JOSM, or something else? I'm using JOSM, because I had problems
>     with bulk-upload. If there is something better and more robust
>     (the upload with JOSM fails when there are about 10k changes), I
>     would certainly give it a try.
>

> I use JOSM -- I check "upload as one changeset" and check "close
> changeset after upload". I usually try to do this when the load on the
> database and ruby workers are low.
OK thanks. I've seen this option, and I've only tried it once. This was
with a small upload only. I did not think of trying it with a large
changeset.

Regarding the "inner" rules: I've just checked it, and this is working
as you mentioned. Great :) I also tried the -t option, with comparison
on file level, and any ways used in a relation are being kept. As far as
I'm concerned, this version of shp-to-osm is good to go, if we're not
going to deal with any of the additional issues we discussed this morning.

Great job Ian!

Frank