[Talk-ca] [Imports] canvec-to-osm 0.9.6 now available

James A. Treacy treacy at debian.org
Sat Nov 7 21:26:14 GMT 2009

On Sat, Nov 07, 2009 at 11:10:59AM -0500, Frank Steggink wrote:
> This actually means that the NTS tiles are too big to handle all at
> once. Maybe we should decide to use smaller working areas, by
> splitting up the NTS tiles in 4 x 4 subtiles. A disadvantage is that
> features will have to be split up (if this can be done
> automatically), or they have to be duplicated in the subtiles.

Is there a reason that features crossing a tile boundary need to
be split? If not, then features that cross the right or top edge
can be left out and they will be included in the adjacent tile.
There are some exceptional cases, for example features that cross an
entire tile, but there are ways of dealing with them if this is ever
implemented.

--
James Treacy
treacy at debian.org