[Talk-ca] Competition? New Brunswick launches online map service

Bégin, Daniel Daniel.Begin at RNCan-NRCan.gc.ca
Fri Nov 27 19:18:45 GMT 2009

Bonjour Sam,

Actually, that is an interesting NB initiative.  However, As far as I know, it is not relate to GeoBase neither to Canvec.  So, it will not appear in the next release !-)

Cheers,

Daniel

-----Original Message-----
From: samvekemans at gmail.com [mailto:samvekemans at gmail.com] On Behalf Of Sam Vekemans
Sent: 25 novembre 2009 07:52
To: john whelan; Talk-CA OpenStreetMap; Bégin, Daniel
Subject: Re: [Talk-ca] Competition? New Brunswick launches online map service

Thanks John for finding this news,

Hi Daniel,
My guess is that Bernie Connors is in contact with your office about implimenting more data from New Brunswick then?

I'm also on the talk-au (austrailia) list where reciently their govnt relieced the land parcel data (property boundaries), this was BEFORE roads are available, so it makes for some fun mapping. (they dont know if roads will be available, so its guess work)

Anyway, im wondering if we should be in touch with the Fredricton office directly in order tn gain access to the WMS server (shp files prefered),?
 Or will the CanVec data contain property boundaries as part of the set?

I think its easier if its part of the same dataset :)

I like how the data (might be) sorted by ownership (private, public) hopefully it would get split up further to: 'residential' 'commercial'
'mixed res & comm', 'light industrial' 'industrial', local public, regional, provincial, federal.
... The sub-categories are not infinate, but the are alot.

So anyway, whatever becomes available, im sure we'll make use of it.