[Talk-ca] Proposed features/soccer field - OpenStreetMap

James A. Treacy treacy at debian.org
Fri Oct 2 15:19:17 BST 2009

On Fri, Oct 02, 2009 at 09:49:51AM -0400, Yves Moisan wrote:
> Right on.  I need a compelling rendering.  If I could get that, I could
> use OSM as the official soccer club map because it would be both a nice
> map when zoomed out (hopefully one day we can get a "hybrid" with
> OpenAerialMap for a really kick ass map) and a detailed plan.  I was
> thinking yesterday of adding all sorts of other things like the location
> of seats if any with maybe an estimated seating capacity etc.  All of
> this information is absent in the "other" maps and could be rendered,
> maybe using specific themes to avoid clutter.

Actually, wouldn't a lot of that information be better dealt with
using some kind of overlay? Leaving your mouse over a feature or
clicking on a special symbol would bring up a box giving detailed
information. It leaves the actual map less cluttered while allowing
lots of additional information.

--
James Treacy
treacy at debian.org