[Talk-ca] [OSM-talk] Yathusan vandalism

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 05:25:53 BST 2009

Sure, i'll try :-)
right now im brainstorming (thinking outloud on email) on solving the
'root problem'.

its 'The technical learning curve', Because making a better GUI, folks
who want to be vandels skip that 1st step.

Its the 'community-user-inyour-face' which is our strength. :-)

As soon as they realize exactly who we are, they would have 'incentive to stop'.
-ie. We are going 'against the grain of Copyrighted maps' Pirates
charting a new course. The worlds greatest hackers, working together,
to make 'windows in its frame'. To make $ for software a thing of the
past.

These are pritty good incentives for a junior hacker to want to work
with the 'in person' pirate community.

We blow them of their port side maties.
We are not a single country, $/£/€ makes no difference. We throw our
map in a bottle, and cast a sea. (along with a link to the wiki) so
only the 'brains' of the crew can desypher the code.

You wouldnt have a newbie release a new update of ibuntu would you?

We even have the Audacity to allow mapArt to go ahead and use OSM data
on their maps, but just ask that they put 'data provided by
OpenStreetMap.org and Contributors'

Now to turn the above into a persuasive essay.

Twitter: @Acrosscanada