[Talk-ca] Import of NRN 092H04

Austin Henry ahenry-osm at canoe.staticcling.org
Wed Sep 16 15:53:57 BST 2009

- Joe Richards arranged a host of electrons thusly: -
> Is there a chance you could document the process in the wiki (even with a
> pretty diagram for the stages)?  The reason is I'm starting to think of some
> of these things for the New Zealand import, and gradually discovering steps
> that I know you guys have gone through discovering already.  Without
> trawling the archives it's a bit tricky working out which bits are which and
> what they do in your process.
>
> I'm sure it would speed up others who getting started working on the
> Canadian import too!

Thankfully, I don't have to.  Others have done a fine job of documenting
the process (there's still a definite learning curve, though).

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Geobase_NRN_-_OSM_Map_Feature

That's the document on the wiki that has the instructions, and the chart
of who's working on what.

Those of us on the list who've done this before are happy to help you
figure things out as you go along too.

cheers,
	Austin.

--
Build a man fire, he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.