[Talk-ca] [Local-chapters] Statement of purpose for local chapters

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 09:18:43 BST 2009

Re: talk-us discussion

Having 1 member living in the state of incorporation is key, and 20
members i nice to have. There is a need to search internally to find
mappers who are also lawyers and have experience setting up
non-profits.

Also, phone teleconference works, provided people know about it, and
what # to call :-)

I'd (really) recommend setting up a talk-nz and a talk-au list with
osm.org so that everyone is on board and on the same page. (im on the
other lists and can see that there is a rift, or maybe its just me :)

In Canada we have the OSGeoBC & Ottawa & Quebec list, where some are
OSMrs, we all need to be on the same page :)

re: big .osm files
I need to than Ian Dees (again) because since SHP-to-osm-5.0.jar you
can add the "-maxnodes 2000" switch where it will make nice small
.osm0 .osm1 .osm2 .osm3 etc. files that can be happely imported with
JOSM.

Hope that helps,
Sam

--