[Talk-ca] Setting up RoadMatcher and creating shapefiles

Steve Singer ssinger_pg at sympatico.ca
Sat Sep 26 04:17:16 BST 2009

On Fri, 25 Sep 2009, Sam Dyck wrote:

Can you give me an idea as to which parts/steps of the instructions at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Geobase_NRN_-_OSM_Map_Feature your having
problems with? I'm can try to clarify/provide more info on any steps that
are unclear.

Basically you need to

1. Load the NRN data into postgis (using shp2pgsql which is included with
postgis)
2. Load the OSM data into postgis with osm2pgsql
3. Generate shapefiles with the NRN and OSM data using stored procedures
similar to those posted on the wiki page

Then you need to import the files into OpenJump/road matcher (The wiki has
some instructions on doing this, and I can try to answer if anything isn't
that clear).

Steve