[Talk-ca] http://www.gtfs-data-exchange.com/agency/oc-transpo/

Thomas Cort linuxgeek at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 19:29:03 BST 2010

The coordinates don't appear to be very accurate. I tried plotting a
few points on a map. They are pretty close sometimes, but not dead on
(maybe I just picked the few inaccurate ones to test). The bus stop
number (asset_ref in OSM / stop_code in GTFS) is not present in
stops.txt. There are already a number of OC Transpo stops in OSM, so
any import would have to check for nearby duplicates. Lastly and most
importantly, there is no license information* and it isn't marked on
the GTFS exchange site as official.

* Note, I'm one of the organizers of Open Data Ottawa
(opendataottawa.ca). The city is likely going to be opening up some
data sets soon. The motion has passed the IT sub comittee and just has
a couple of more steps to go. Hopefully that will clear up the license
uncertainty and give the public an official OC Transpo data set. I'll
keep you posted.

-Tom