[Talk-ca] Addressing and Garmin maps...

Tyler Gunn tyler at egunn.com
Fri Apr 23 14:07:01 BST 2010

Hello all,
I've installed the garmin street maps generated by Ben Konrath for all of
Canada from
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Map_On_Garmin/Download).    They
seem to work fine on my Nuvi 750, with one exception; address look-ups for
the areas I've added don't seem to work.

I added detailed address information to the following area:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=49.77877&lon=-97.17049&zoom=17&layers=B000FTF
See streets Glenacres Crescent and Millstream Way.
I thought I added them alright but when I try using my Nuvi to go to a
specific address, it can't find the specific house numbers.  I can find the
city (Winnipeg), and street (Glenacres Cres), but not specific house #s.  I
also tried finding an intersection of Millstream and Glenacres, but that
doesn't seem to work either.

I'm just curious if I've marked up my address information incorrectly in
OSM, or if the garmin maps just don't support addresses yet.

Thanks!
Tyler