[Talk-ca] october 3rdish vancouver island meetup

Adam Dunn dunnadam at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 06:15:11 BST 2010

Ah yes, the concept of completion as applied to OSM. I believe Sam is
referring to the completion of *importing government stuff* for the island.
If Sam is referring to actual completion, then I think he needs to review
the mythology of Sisyphus [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sisyphus]. I need
only point to the barrier=fence tag, and that alone will introduce years of
mapping yet to come.

On the topic of NHN, I'm trying to come up with a way to recombine Yan's
flow data then split it in more geographical regions (something like what
Sam mentioned). In preparation of that process, does anyone know of a good
way to merge duplicate nodes on the command line? I've been reading Osmosis
docs, but can't seem to find a way there. Otherwise we will have to rely on
JOSM validator to find dupes for us...

Adam