[Talk-ca] bicycle network in Quebec: the Route Verte

Daniel Tremblay tremblad at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 15:44:35 BST 2010

I have found this: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/FR:Route_verte

It doesn't specify the type of network to apply (NCN vs RCN).  Maybe it
should be added (once decided).

This page also suggest that the following tags applied:

*Type de voies* *Clef* *Valeur*  Bande cyclable cycleway lane  Accotement
pavé cycleway lane  Chaussée désignée bicycle designated  Piste
cyclable highway
cycleway  Sentier polyvalent highway path
I also use cycleway=track when the "piste cyclable" is separated from the
road but just beside it.  I use highway=cycleway when it does not follow the
road.  Does that make sense?  Is so, maybe the wiki page should be modified
to reflect this ...

Comments?

Daniel

Mon blog: http:\\daniel.art.over-blog.com