[Talk-ca] across canada trails mapping

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 17:19:22 BST 2010

hi all,
fyi, just so you know.   Im working my way across the country, and
literally mapping in a row, where my focus is on the routes across
Canada ... 1 route end-to-end for each recreation.

all routes start/end in cape spear nfld, but end in various places.

the river route (with portage connecins) ends in the artic ocean,
the snowmobile route ends at the yukon/alaska border

the racing bike (bike across canada) route ends at beacon hill park victoria,bc

the mountain bike route (preference to dirt trails) ends in tofino, bc

the hiking route ends in manning park, bc

the trekking bike route (preference to gravel) ends in tofino

the motercycle route ends in mile 0 victoria

... and a few others..

so it might seem speratic, but there is method to this mapping.

i am omitting the roads and the rivers because alot of roads have been
mapped and the geobaseNhn rivers are better quality, and can be
imported by water basin area instead of nts tile size.

cheers,
sam

--
Twitter: @Acrosscanada