[Talk-ca] Canvec.osm Product - Running!

Bégin, Daniel Daniel.Begin at RNCan-NRCan.gc.ca
Mon Aug 16 17:27:20 BST 2010

Bonjour Adam,

About point 1...
I'll see what can be done and, if possible, I will produce it for this release.

About point 2...
If the text file proposed on point 1 have a date and time field, you could get all the information you are looking for in a single .txt file. Am I right?

Cheers,

Daniel

________________________________

From: Adam Dunn [mailto:dunnadam at gmail.com]
Sent: 16 août 2010 12:08
To: Bégin, Daniel
Cc: talk-ca at openstreetmap.org
Subject: Re: [Talk-ca] Canvec.osm Product - Running!

For the next release, would it be possible to get:
1. A text file (stored on the ftp) that lists all the quadtree-tiles output. Some people might want to write scripts that can do work based on available CanVec osm files, but it would help to know how much subdividing occurred. Currently, we must download the zip file to determine if 092H04.0.1.2 exists or if the tiling stopped at 092H04.0.1.

2. An RSS or Atom feed of the tiles that have been processed. Not as useful as (1), but some people might be interested in knowing the latest without searching around the ftp. This would be most useful when already processed tiles get re-processed, or when tiles get processed in a different order (such as 052A06).

Thanks for the great releases!

Adam