[Talk-ca] Canvec.osm Product - Running!

Bégin, Daniel Daniel.Begin at RNCan-NRCan.gc.ca
Mon Aug 23 15:50:59 BST 2010

Bonjour Tyler,

>From my understanding, the geometry shouldn't change that much.  The main difference will be addressing.

Daniel

-----Original Message-----
From: Tyler Gunn [mailto:tyler at egunn.com]
Sent: 23 août 2010 10:48
To: Bégin, Daniel
Cc: talk-ca at openstreetmap.org
Subject: Re: [Talk-ca] Canvec.osm Product - Running!

> Next Canvec delivery is planned for this fall, including ...
> - Updated Road Network for Quebec
> - Road Network Addressing for Manitoba
> - Updated hydrography in BC for coastal area

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for all the hard work to make this excellent data source available to the OSM community!

Do you expect that the road geometry will change in Manitoba when the road network addressing is added?  Or is this primarily an update to add the street names and address interpolation ways?  I'm just curious if I should hold off on bringing in the MB data.  If it's just the names and address ways I can probably do the update in a pretty automated manner.

Thanks,
Tyler

Tyler Gunn
tyler at egunn.com